Sometimes, turkey burgers get a bad reputation, since they are a low-fat alternative to ground beef burgers. Some people will claim that they aren’t as delicious as the “real deal” and believe that turkey burgers are dry, bland, or both! These assertions shouldn’t deter you from trying a turkey burger at least once, though, or persuade you in giving them another shot if you were put off by a recipe you sampled at one point or another. If you season and prepare your ground turkey perfectly – and complete the dish with the right condiments and/or toppings – there’s no way you can go wrong, especially if you try out the recipe below, courtesy of The Augusta, the premier pet-friendly apartments in Houston.
• 1 pound lean ground turkey 93/7
• 1 large egg
• Salt, to taste
• Ground pepper, to taste
• 1 teaspoon dried parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
• 1 tablespoon cold milk
• 2 tablespoons cold butter
• 4 slices American cheese
• 4 soft sesame burger buns
• Any other burger toppings: pickles, lettuce, tomato, and onion, as desired
1. Place the turkey into a large bowl with egg, salt, pepper, parsley, poultry seasoning, and milk. Stir to combine. Note: mixture may seem a little wet, but once it starts cooking, the egg will help hold its shape together.
2. Preheat indoor griddle to medium-high heat.
3. Divide meat into 4 even patties. Cut butter into skinny half tablespoon pats. Press butter into the center of each patty forming the meat around it.
4. Spray a griddle pan with nonstick cooking spray and place each burger down onto the griddle. Cook about 4 minutes per side or until browned and completely cooked.
5. Melt cheese on top of each burger by placing it onto the cooked side of the burger. Then, cover the griddle with a large pot lid or foil for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
6. Remove burgers and place them onto buns. Top with any desired toppings and condiments and serve.
Mix up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by The Augusta, which boasts apartments 77090, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!