There’s no denying that hard professional skills are very important to any business. Web developers, registered nurses, and certified public accountants – their education all began somewhere. Through those 4+ years of time, students of their respective collegiate or vocational training programs attempted to master every history, theory, hypothesis, and equation they were told to know. This way, the students would position themselves as perfectly qualified professionals in their given field.
More companies around the world, however, are coming to realize that cultural fits – and their accommodating soft skills – are ultimately more vital to evaluate in a job candidate than these highly coveted hard skills. In fact, two-thirds of all employers believe soft skills to be more in-demand nowadays. To find them, hiring managers, recruiters, and CEOs tend to evaluate an applicant’s personal attributes. For example, if the job candidate is a morning bird— then, maybe they’re more likely to be punctual. Or, perhaps, the applicant is a naturally curious person, they are more of an effective listener.
Soft skills – and the personal attributes behind them – are much tougher to instill in someone, as opposed to the hard skills they gain in their education or training – that, you can teach anyone over time. With that being said, here are 5 personal attributes that really stand out to modern employers:
1. Honesty – The more straight-forward you are with your team, the better everyone will perform overall.
2. Responsibility – You’ve been hired to do a job, so it’s important to accomplish your goals and deadlines.
3. Flexibility – Things change quickly in the business world, and you should be available with your support.
4. Empathy – The “put yourself in someone else’s shoes” mentality has a stronghold in every profession.
5. Loyalty – Through thick and thin, this type of perseverance is increasingly rare to find in today’s world.
Looking for must-know information about health, finances, and family life? End your search with this blog, delivered to you by the team at The Augusta Apartments in Houston, Texas.