Mmmm, Caprese salads! They’re fresh, light, and delicious – plus, they go well with nearly any dish or can be enjoyed completely on their own. If you’re looking to put together one for lunch or dinner, take a look at this recipe we’ve curated below! You’ll even have the chance to attempt your very own balsamic reduction – the cherry on top of this perfect dish.
• 1 cup balsamic vinegar
• ¼ cup honey
• 3 large tomatoes, cut into ½-inch slices
• 1 (16 ounces) package of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼-inch slices
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool.
2. Arrange alternate slices of tomato and mozzarella cheese decoratively on a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, spread fresh basil leaves over the salad, and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic reduction.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by The Augusta Apartments in Houston, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!